So this week I learned how to edit sound clips. These clips are my attempt at counting to 10 out-of-order and then editing it in audacity so that it is in the correct order! It was my first time doing anything like this. I have never worked with sound before so it was a learning experience. I have watched my voice teacher edit songs in programs like audacity so once I got the hang of it, it was a little easier. It was really interesting to figure out the program, but mildly frustrating at the same time. It would be easier on a larger screen, and I will probably not do it on my laptop for future projects. I will just have to continue to play with the program. I am really nervous about having a long sound clip because it will probably take a lot of time to edit, which could be very frustrating. I am excited to pair pictures with the audio because I think it will be a fun way to do journalism. I am looking forward to all of the new things I am going to learn in this new phase of online journalism.
September 25, 2011